Valentine's Day is the perfect time to acknowledge friends and family, and let them know that you appreciate them year-round. When you are looking for a thoughtful gift for someone this Valentine's Day, try giving them something unexpected; remembering someone with a useful gift is a great way to commemorate this holiday, too. While you could make a quick call to a local florist, candy or flowers may not seem quite right for a sister, a coworker, or a special neighbor.
This holiday, try one of these five unconventional Valentine's Day gift ideas:
- A tabletop fountain is an excellent gift that will be appreciated and used all year long. The gentle trickling of water can be a very soothing and relaxing experience with therapeutic benefits. Look for solar styles for recipients to place on patio tables, or electric powered fountains for use inside. Talk to a business that has tabletop water fountains for sale to learn more.
- Rough cut gems are an unexpected surprise that many women will be delighted to receive. These are found widely, mined locally, and can be purchased, uncut and unpolished, for a reasonable cost. These stones make stunning accent pieces, desk paper weights, or can be used in meditation for their metaphysical properties.
- A box full of money. Recycle an old heart-shaped candy box by refilling the candy inserts with coins, change, and currency. Want to up the ante? Line the lid with lottery scratch tickets. This is a great gift idea that will please a wide range of Valentine's Day recipients.
- Find an area psychic, and buy a gift certificate for your recipient to have a reading. If they aren't so sure they want to know what the future holds, set up an appointment with a local medium to help them make contact with someone that has passed.
- A big fluffy pillow makes anyone happy, and sometimes the simplest gifts are best. Consider buying a couple of fluffy, vibrant toss pillows and tie them together with a bright, wide ribbon. Choose something furry and cozy, or go with something that coordinates with an area of the recipient's home.
There are many different gifts that you can give a friend, family member, or coworker that don't involve a trip to the florist or increased calories. Show a friend that you are thinking of them with one of these five unconventional Valentine's gift ideas. Each of these suggestions are useful gifts that will be appreciated, and that are affordable on any budget.